Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Okay, a new recipe to add to your repertoire, my friends. This one I got from Shelly...thanks!

Crockpot Veggie Lasagna
box of Lasagna noodles
2 jars of marinara sauce (or make your own)
8 oz. low-fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan
shredded mozzarella
carrots
zucchini
salt/pepper/garlic/parsley flakes
(Mix ricotta cheese, parm, about 1/2 cup of mozzarella, some salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and sliced carrots together. Layer your crock with sauce, noodles with ricotta mix spread on top, sliced zucchini and mozzarella. Repeat layers two times, starting with sauce. Last layer on top should be just lasagna noodles with sauce on top. Put mozzarella cheese on top about 2 hours before serving. No need to cook noodles beforehand. Put crock on low for about 6-8 hours. I put this together at like 10 am and we ate at about 6:15, it was perfect and very yummy! Points value: 6 per serving and gives you a check on your veggies and milk intake for the day.)

1 comment:

beautiful pieces said...

Found it ... cna't believe I missed it. Duh!