
300
First off, I don't recommend any of my readers seeing this movie...well, maybe my dad, although I don't know if he really reads my blog. The blood and violence in the first scene alone would make most of you walk out of the theatre and find your way into a nice romantic comedy. That being said, the special effects and the way in which they propose this story pulls you in and makes you want to see it to the end. And some of you, like me, may appreciate the overall fullness of the story. It's basically the story of Leonidas, the king of Greece in about 450 B.C., leading 300 of his loyal soldiers into battle with the Persian empire. They seek freedom of their land and people. Things I liked about this movie: a. the honor it placed on a woman and her significance in her spouse's life, b. the special effects were breathtakingly cool and up there with The Matrix, c. they're not trying to be political or biblical in some of their lines, but they are. Meaning, I was totally comparing Leonidas and his 300 men to Gideon and his 100 and wondering what the battles described in the Old Testament were really like. Things I didn't like: a. hello, the violence was the most I have ever seen since Braveheart, b. the nudity was not necessary, c. some of the dialogue was trite and too guy-speak, if you know what I mean. Movie Review Grade: B


2 comments:
Ooh, sounds like a movie I can't wait to run out and see...
uh, yeah.
Post a Comment