Monday, January 08, 2007

I just read a run-down of the Top Ten movies in 2006 in my Entertainment Weekly magazine. Well, half of their's I hadn't seen or cared much about, but I figured I had a Top Ten myself...or, at least, a Top Five: (In no particular order, I just like 'em.)

1) Cars--I know, I know, this is Brennan's fave, not mine...but, c'mon, the graphics in this movie! And the story! After watching it for the 15th millionth time...it makes you appreciate.
2) The Illusionist--I did a review on this movie, so you could just look at that...but, to give you a clue at how much I love this movie, love the story, am intrigued by how they did it...well, I'm going to go buy the DVD at Wal-Mart tomorrow when it hits the shelves.
3) X-Men:The Stand--This is my favorite X-men, by far...and, except for Spidey, I'm not a big comic book movie lover. I'd almost rather go read the comic book itself. But this one, I don't know, I loved how they ended the saga...but not really (ended, that is).
4) The Devil Wears Prada -- Okay, the title is a little over the top, but if you see the movie, you'll understand. The acting is superb and the moral of the story has the possibility of being life-changing. It's all about the choices we make...
5) We Are Marshall -- I can't help it...I love sappy sports movies. Up there with Hoosiers for me...and that's saying alot.

There are more, I know, but I can't think of them now, and that's five, so I will stop.

No comments: