Monday, August 21, 2006

Y'all like my new look?! I was getting tired of the green. Still trying to post those pics. Sorry.

Some of you may be wondering why I'm writing down all the names in the Bible beginning with the book of Genesis (see "Books I'm reading"). Having read a majority of the Bible over and over, give or take part of the Major Prophets (Isaiah and Jeremiah, they're tough), I was getting a bit bored. Bored by the Word of God?! Yes! Don't we all, at some point... :) Anyway, I was trying to think of a new way to tackle the Bible. So, writing down every name in the Bible allows me to see the detail involved in the lives of God's people...the changes He wishes to make...the people he chooses to use to further His Kingdom. It gives me a whole new perspective. And also helps me see more deeply the passion He has for me as His child. It's all about relationships in life...which is why that's the hardest thing in life to make right. And when my relationships ain't right, ain't nothing right. You know what I'm sayin'? You know!

No comments: