Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I have come to a point in my life where I am actually looking forward to the beginning of school and renewed structure in our life. Pitiful. I am quite ashamed to admit that truth and look with fondness toward my youthful past when I used to loathe the beginning of school/end of summer. But, our summer has been crazy! Part of the craziness has been Ben's overtime that has included quite a few Saturdays and a couple of Sundays. Yuck! But the money has been good and helpful since we have had some car stuff to deal with. However, I do not enjoy being a single mom and totally sympathize with all single parents out there. They work hard. I have also realized how big my other jobs are that include: chef, gardener, accountant, laundress, merry maid, chauffer, and....how did being a homemaker get to be so complex? Or, has it always been this complex and I'm just starting to realize? Or, better yet, when is the government going to realize how important our role is to the wheels of culture and start giving tax-breaks to those who stay home? If only...

1 comment:

Erica said...

With you 100% on that one, sister!