
- What can I say about Harry Potter? To say that it is simply a great story would be trite, but to say it is one of the best I have ever read...well, I want to say it would be over-the-top to make that statement, but it's not. It is one of the best I have ever read because so many of the themes in the story are Biblical. And you don't quite understand this fully until you read Book 7:
- "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."
- "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
- "...love, which he claimed conquered death."
- "I was ready to die to stop you from hurting these people..."
- "...there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying."
And so on and so forth. To explain the extent of the writing in full detail would leave me speechless (and probably spoil it for a few who have not picked up Book 7 yet). But let me tell you, reading this book shows me once more that ALL truth is God's truth. You can never get around that. J.K. Rowling is either a believer, or has studied Biblical truth, or grew up on it. She gets the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made and how he conquered death for our life. For those of you who have not read it, please be careful in the criticism of this story. It is so fantastical in it's rendering that to even hint at its "evilness" because it's based on a make-believe world of magical creatures (human or otherwise) would be ignorant. To base criticism on anything other than your personal knowledge or study of a subject is shallow. But, I'll stop preaching. By the way, if you haven't figured out, Harry does live and all the hopes that you have (or at least I had) for the characters come true. Now what do I read?


8 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is so funny that you came up with that, because my mom and I just had an "over two states and the telephone lines" book club discussion over the phone yesterday. We said the EXACT same thing you did.
I felt that chapter entitled THE FOREST AGAIN was some of her most beautiful, amazing writing ever, mainly for the reasons you've already mentioned.
AND I LOVED what Harry said on the second to last page of the book!!!
I don't know about you, but I cried NUMEROUS times throughout the book ....
Soooooo good!!!
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Thank you for that post! Remind me to tell you sometime about being accused of being a witch because HP was in my classroom library and being told to whisper the title when talking about it in a certain church parking lot. Craziness!
I am soooo glad you saw it too!! I know there are some who have not read it yet (Ann) so I won't give away where my thoguhts came from but yes, yes, yes how many Biblical connections there were!
My friend, you gave away too much information! I haven't read the book yet...
Too much information!??? I thought I didn't give away anything...except that Harry lives! Just go get it, Ann! You got to read it!
That's it ... Harry lived. Ok, so I knew she couldn't kill him off because that would just be way too obvious but still...
And now I have other ideas of what stuff too because you said all your hopes for the characters come true. And I know some of those because we've talked.
Oh, well. There will still be surprises.
Love you! :-)
That's it ... Harry lived. Ok, so I knew she couldn't kill him off because that would just be way too obvious but still...
And now I have other ideas of what stuff too because you said all your hopes for the characters come true. And I know some of those because we've talked.
Oh, well. There will still be surprises.
Love you! :-)
oh, yes, there will still be surprises...many!! the thing is, going along with all the biblical themes...good overcomes evil! and that is where all the hopes are fulfilled...
Post a Comment