Generally, I diss on Battle Creek and can't believe I actually still live here. But, last night as I was shopping at Horrocks for groceries, I realized there are a few places/things I would really miss if we moved out of BC (like that'll ever happen)...here they are:
1. Horrocks - What can I say...the place has the best produce, cheeses, flowers, interesting gifts, etc. to give you the fullness of what it really means to go to the market.
2. The Balloon Festival - I now feel pity for the person who never gets a chance to see 50 balloons all floating in the sky at the same time.
3. Schlotskzy's - The best deli/sandwich place in the world! or, at least, Battle Creek. You all know I can't live without my Schlotskzy's. (I don't even know if I'm spelling it correctly.)
4. Professional Baseball - (Well, sort of.) There is always some minor league team playing at Bailey Park in the summer...this year, it's the Bombers. I love me my baseball!
5. Nina's - The best lil' mexican hole in the wall...and there's one in Augusta too!
6. The Pancake House - This is a downtown favorite and historical too! From what I understand, it's been there for years...as has the wait staff, I'm sure. They're so quick and efficient, they define the word service. And they have the best mini pancakes!
7. Binder Park Zoo - The giraffes are my friend...let's face it, it's the best place to go with the kids!
See, I do appreciate Battle Creek...most of the time.
On Being Thankful
9 months ago


6 comments:
It's good to remind yourself about the things you like in your city. HS kids here always say Roanoke is so boring and I'm like...WHAT???!!! No it's not!
I didn't know you were a Schlotsky's fan...me, too!!!! They have them in other places, too, ya know?!! :)
Mandy
Come to think of it, I haven't yet seen a Schlotsky's here in KY. Of course, it not being my fav place, I haven't really kept a good eye out for it.
i know they're all around, but the best are in BC...and I have tasted others. :) mandy, you all should come to BC for lunch at Schlotszky's, then play at the mall. that would be sooo fun. :)
We don't have them in Roanoke. The closest one is in NC...an hour and half away! So unfair!
I know...Roanoke's sooo boorring...ha,ha.
Post a Comment