Sunday, December 24, 2006

Whew! December has, of course, flown by and now Christmas is upon us. It was a sad day the other day when I actually took down our tree 3 days before Christmas! I loved it and it was beautiful, but it had dried up prematurely and the needles were driving me crazy. We're not spending Christmas day here anyway...but as it was being taken down, we were all a little down. I mean, really! So, we made up for it by walking around downtown checking out the lights and eating at our fave, Nina's.

Today, we have to be present at both Christmas eve services since Ben is doing sound. Then tonight we will join Miss Selena and her mom for Chinese food (their tradition after Christmas Eve service), then head over to mom and dad's where I will probably not get any sleep until Erica and Jon arrive at like 2 a.m. Sweet, it's Christmas Eve!!

Our church services this month have been incredible and an incredible blessing! God is amazing, more than I can ever imagine and I have been in awe of his plan and presence throughout history and now...today, in particular, I obtained such a sense of his working in the lives of those who are "the least", the most humble, the lowliest. So, in my own significance/insignificance, how can follow God through His Son, Jesus? How can I humble myself to love others and Him as fully as possible? What a great continuous question.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

cool rita said...

Your post was a blessing to me. As we reflect, we need reminders of Christ's love that makes it so precious to spend time with family who share in the same beliefs and commitments as this season represents. I love you all so much and even tho' the week everyone was here was exhausting, I would never trade it for anything else. I am so glad we make time for each other. Love always, MOM