Today has been the scariest day of my life. I woke up to Ben in a practical comatose state because his blood sugar had dropped below 20! After trying to revive him with a slap in the face and yelling his name, I dialed 911. They came, got his blood sugar up, gave him something to counteract any possible drugs in his system (even though I told them he hadn't taken any drugs or alcohol, I guess they do it to everyone) and basically left. But through all the blur of the nightmare, I'm thinking, "This can't be it, I can't lose my husband at the age of 31". And, literally, I was scared ____less. I'm sorry, but there is no other way of putting it. I never prayed so quickly, cried so hard and much, or swore so freely than I did in the span of those 30 minutes of craziness. I thank God for his grace and mercy in every experience of life. May this one never freakin' happen again.
On a lighter note, I got my hair chopped off tonight and helped my mom put Brennan's Halloween costume together. He's going to be a "Road Trip" and Micah is going to be a "Man Bug" (lady bug). Then we're going to our church on the 31st to enjoy Trunk or Treating and an illusionist named Toby Travis. Should be sweet. Pictures to come this week, I promise...the hair and the costumes.
By the way, Ben is doing better and pretty much back to normal. Just tired and sore from all the poking and prodding. Thanks to those who have prayed and to those who I know are thinking of us now. You rock.
On Being Thankful
9 months ago


3 comments:
Oh, Allison!!! My heart sank when I read those first few lines. Holy cow!!! How's he really doing today?
How freakin' scary!! Hugs to you all!
Well, we're both still freaked out a little, and he's been checking his blood sugar more consistantly...by the way, we got your call on the machine, we were at the zoo boo. :)
Post a Comment