Wednesday, October 04, 2006


The Illusionist

On my night out, I took a risk and went to see The Illusionist at the theatre. I kind of wanted to see a few other movies, but this one was playing when I needed it to. But am I glad I chose The Illusionist. This movie is actually a love story about two teenagers who are pulled apart by her family due to his social status. When they see one another at an illusionist show he's doing 15 years later, they instantly fall back in love. She, however, is engaged to the Crown Prince of Vienna and they must find a way to be together. And it is quite a way, indeed. Of course, I can't tell you anything else, it'll totally give it away. Beautifully acted, great camera work and cinematography, great love story, great murder mystery. Worth the $7.75 I paid. Thanks to the guys who took my money (I was like the only one up there getting a ticket, they were probably bored) and said they heard the movie was really, really good.
Movie Review Grade: A-

No comments: