Monday, July 31, 2006

Ben and I are watching One Week to Save Your Marriage on TLC...what a joke. I mean, really, one week? Okay...

I do believe we are over the bug...Micah's still not eating like he did before, but he's eating enough. I think he's just also getting into solid foods more and not drinking as much formula as he used to. When we eat dinner, he grunts if we're not quick enough with the food. He had his first mashed potatoes the other night and blueberries for the first time tonight.

Today at the mall play area (it was too stinking hot to be anywhere else but air-conditioned facilities), the boys and I ran into a couple who volunteer at the Rennaisance Faire. The man pulled out this little flute and started playing for Micah who was just entranced...like a cobra coming out of an Indian basket. Move to the music, move to the music, smile, move to the music, hiss, move to the music. They were from Lousiana, north of New Orleans, and we had quite a conversation about the whole Katrina Disaster and the politics involved. They had some realistic and interesting insights into what really happened and what is still going on. Nothing like a Southerner to chat away the afternoon in the mall play area.

Now, Little People, Big World is on TLC...love that show. Can I just say watching TV and being able to blog at the same time is downright sweet. What else could a tired mom ask for while relaxing?

3 comments:

beautiful pieces said...

Oh, you are living the life ;-) Southerners sure know how to make conversation and put on pile on that Southern charm! It's great though ... I've had some of the best interactions with people down here in 2 1/2 weeks than I had in 30 years up north. That's not to say MI is a bad place ... it's still "home" and I love it but there is definitely something to be said for the Southern hospitality!

A Davis said...

yeah, i know. maybe because they're so freindly and open, that's how you're gonna meet the one. :)

beautiful pieces said...

You sure about that, huh? Wanna lay bets ;-)

We shall see...