Mid-Summer Movie Reviews
As many of you know, I go to ALOT of movies in the summer. It's one of my favorite things to do in the summer, along with go to the beach/pool and eat out at funky places like Clementine's (in South Haven) and the Hi-Lite Drive-In. So, to grace you once again with my personal movie reviews, I am doing a condensed version of each movie I've seen so far:
Spider-Man 3: Love this comic book theme, didn't appreciate 3 as much as 1 and 2. Grade: B-
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: I was confused at the plot and a little bit annoyed that they couldn't pull this one off...and please, don't make a 4! Grade: C-
Knocked Up: Absolutely raunchy, but hilarious. Some great redeeming qualities, despite the title and language. Grade: A
Shrek the 3rd: Eh. They should have stopped at #1...but the babies were cute. Grade: B-
Ocean's 13: Not better than the 1st, but definitely better than the 2nd. I'm starting to hate sequels. Grade: B-
Surf's Up: Even though this is like, what?, the fifteenth movie with penguins at the center, I truly loved this kids movie. Funny, beachy, cute. Grade: A-
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer: Just as dopey as the first one, so at least they didn't take a step back in quality. Grade: C
1408: Eeerily creepy...it's all in his head...or is it? I could only see this with Erica, because we clung to one another and covered our eyes and squealed through the whole thing. Grade: A-
Waitress: Great comedy about a woman (waitress and first-class pie-maker) trying to survive a bad marriage. Andy Griffith's in it...where has he been? Grade: A-
So, pull out the nachos and Junior Mints...next up, Ratatouille and Hairspray!


3 comments:
ALOT of movies in the summer? Whatever! You watch ALOT of movies all year long. What are you talking about?
I'm honored that I was with you for almost 100% of those movies!
i know i watch alot of movies all year long, but it's especially concentrated in the summer. :) and yes, eri, you are my true movie-buddy.
Post a Comment