
Hoodwinked
I just saw this movie today on DVD and I got to tell you, it's hilarious! It's a retelling of the old Red Riding Hood story told from the perspective of four main characters that are pictured at left: Red, Granny, Wolf, and the Woodsman--where he came from in the original, I don't know. Nonetheless, they are all being questioned by the "cops" who are in pursuit of a recipe snatcher. Through the telling of all four stories and Granny's "coming clean" of her fetish with extreme sports, Red is then kidnapped by the snatcher and then saved by Granny, Wolf, and the Woodsman. The squirrel is also laugh-out-loud funny...don't give him coffee! (You'll see.) The movie is for kids and appropriate, but like most cartoons nowadays, it's got good adult humor that kids don't even bat an eye at. I totally recommend it and wouldn't mind having it in my movie library. Movie Review: A-
I also have to give a shout-out to my awesome free cable tonight: I'm flipping from the U.S. Open quarterfinal between Federer and Blake (go, Blake), NFL on NBC (I don't care who wins, I just want to see Rascal Flatts play), and the Detroit Tigers vs. Twins (go, Tigers). It rocks. I don't know how long we'll have free cable , but I'll take total advantage of it for as long as we do. And I got to pee so bad, but I don't want to get up. Pitiful.


5 comments:
You sound just like Siskel and Ebert. Why don't you work from home writing movie reviews? You could do it!!!
how do you get into that?
Don't have a single clue but you'd be good at it!
oh, you're helpful.
I try really hard! Google it... Or contact Siskel and Ebert (or Ebert, cuz I think Siskel's dead or vice versa).
Post a Comment