Friday, November 21, 2008


Well, I finally got a chance to see HSM3 and now am finally getting a chance to tell ya'll about it. I was going to post a picture of my cool Wildcats tattoo (school mascot), but I can't find that one right now. I put it on to surprise my HSM-fan friend. She thought it was funny. The boys wanted one too, but I couldn't find anymore at the theatre, which was where I originally found the one I was wearing when I went to the movies with my sister and mom to see the most depressing movie ever...'nother story.
So, back to the review. Okay, considering that this movie and the whole marketing fiasco surrounding it is for those 8-year-olds I saw there with their moms, then this movie deserves a big fat A. But since I'm 33, not 8, I'm going to be a bit harsher. The dialogue was so corny, my friend was laughing through the first twenty minutes...I had to remind her this movie was her choice. The music, however, was not too bad...albeit they crammed about 16 tracks into an hour-and-a-half movie. I mean, c'mon does every main character have to sing together? But, mainly, the tunes were catchy and very singable. If I had an 8-year-old, which I will someday, we would be dancing together to Troy and Gabriella pledging undying love to each other. Movie Review Grade: B (B+ if they hadn't been trying sooo hard.) Oh, and best corny line in the movie (this one's for you, Jamie), "My prom is where you are!" Oh. my. word.

2 comments:

Rygal said...

Hey babe,

Thanks for hanging with me that night. I had fun!

As corny as the movie was, you know there was a part of you that was mesmerized by those Zac Efron eyes!

hehehehe

A Davis said...

oh, yeah, especially when he was sweating like a dog at the beginning, looking straight at the camera. ;)