Thursday, November 06, 2008

America, you've done it! You have elected your new leader, king, savior. President Barack Obama. That title will definitely take some getting used to...but it always is a transition when we change direction with a new president. And he did an excellent job marketing himself--er, campaigning. Although this was obviously not my choice, I suggest these future decisions, Mr. President, in your effort to bring about "change".
1) Please, whatever you do, don't sign in the Freedom of Choice Act which eleminates any restrictions on abortions. It's obvious you're extremely pro-choice, but don't make it worse for unborn children...leave the issue alone. Or, better yet, turn your heart more toward pro-life.
2) Stick with the main reason why the majority voted you in--the economy. Do we need an economic boost? Yes! Do we need to "spread the wealth"? Well, tread carefully with that one.
3) Learn all you can about being the Commander in Chief and all the details on foreign policy that only a president knows before you make any hasty decisions. Please, we don't want another 9/11.
4) Continue to be a good dad to your two daughters. I know you are! And get them a Golden Retriever--they're the best.
What was extremely positive about this election is that for the first time ever some Americans finally voted! Not only that, we have our first African-American in office! Although, I don't believe anyone should just vote their race (some did), this is a big step for all minorities everywhere and they deserve it. Now, maybe our first female president can be next, please? Another step toward true human equality.
A word now to John McCain and Sarah Palin--thank you for fighting for all the principles I believe in. John, for our country, you served well and will always be a hero. I think, however, you may have lost the election by voting for that insane bailout plan. Sarah, go back and be an awsome governor for Alaska. See you in four?
Of course, my trust remains in Christ alone--our true leader, king, savior. What have I to fear?

5 comments:

Erica said...

You're right, Ali, when Christ is for us, who can be against us?!

Megan said...

AMEN! Couldn't have said it better myself! Although, I gotta say, to see some of my students finally see someone that looks just like them in office, well, it's been priceless.

cool rita said...

Couldn't have said it better!!!!

A Davis said...

megan, yes! I bet your kids are beaming!

Anonymous said...

Yep. That's MY wife!