Monday, June 23, 2008

Here we are, on a monday, being lazy, recuperating from the big weekend of weddings and goodbyes. Well, one wedding and one goodbye, but it wore me out all the same. My cousin Joyce's wedding was on saturday in IN and we had a blast! Beautiful wedding, beautiful bride, good dancing. My other cousin, David (Joyce's brother) told me I had "mad dance skills"! Well, thank you, David! And then, on sunday, we said goodbye to our children's pastor of nearly 10 years, Selena Newton, who was a close friend and mentor. She's moving to KY to take on a new position with a church down there. I will miss you, Selena! So, as much as I laughed on saturday, I cried on sunday...needless to say, it was an emotional roller coaster weekend and I slept two hours on sunday. I love sleep...

2 comments:

Megan said...

Where in KY is she heading? You do realize that all the cool people end up in KY, don't you?

A Davis said...

oh, yes, all my coolest friends are now kentuckians! (sp?) she's in florence, really close to the border...close to Cinci.