A bit of the conversation I had with Ben this evening at the balloon festival:
Me--This elephant ear is totally unhealthy.
Ben--Well, hey, if you're feeling guilty about it, I'll take it off your hands for you.
Me--Well, no, that isn't what I was saying.
Ben--Oh.
Me--I know a donut is like 5 points...so, considering the fact that an elephant ear is like a flat donut, my half is probably like 5 points here...But, I've been totally awful about counting points for the last couple of days.
Ben--You're counting points?
Me--No...I've been totally awful about counting points!
Ben--Oh.
So, we walked around waiting for word about the balloons launching and they never did go up...it was too windy. But, at least we got that once-a-year elephant ear and got to see the official Navy rock band jam in their official Navy whites. Cute. And though we tried to get the boys to enjoy the awesome air show they put on every year, Micah cried through most of it because of the noise. Ben stayed, I took the boys to grandma's, then came back with Ben later for the launch...which never happened, but it was good to be together. He has the whole week off, so we're going to do a lot of fun stuff.
On Being Thankful
9 months ago


1 comment:
Of course, what you are saying is like in sentences and what Ben is saying is like a word! No wonder we use so many more words a day than guys...and also no wonder we have so many issues with communication!
Post a Comment