Yes, we officially have a 7-year-old! We celebrated Brennan's b-day with dinner at Lonestar (his choice) on his actual birthday Wednesday and then a trip to Chuckie Cheese on Saturday with all his siblings, cousins, and the one friend he was allowed to invite. Man, I can remember when he was pulled out (my one c-section baby) butt first...he loves that story...feels like yesterday. Next up, Emma's 1st! I love that my kids grow up and it's fun/frustrating/crazy/irritating/enjoyable all at the same time to experience the changes they go through...but I do miss that cuddly baby stage where they just lay in your arms and look up at you with those big eyes...it's like the world floats away. Thus, it is going, going, nearly gone. No more babies for us...no more. Em, you're it, baby.
Thank the Lord the crappy flu bug is finally out of the house...it was apparently going around. I heard about it and of course, hoped it wouldn't hit us, but it did...and everybody, including Emma-bean, got their fair share. At least, it didn't last long for each one...but in the course of it all, it was about 6 days of glorious fun for me....with the washing, the lysoling, and all the bullcrap that goes along with. Buh-bye.
Hopefully, with the wake of February, we see less snow, more sun, more 40-degree days. One can hope, can't one? Remember those awesome Valentine's Day boxes you used to make in elementary school...the ones you got your cards in? Well, I thought I'd make one each for the boys (emma's still a little young, she'd just chew it up)...and fill it with fun stuff. I don't think they do those at school anymore...shame. So, I'm totally making one...two.
I just e-filed our taxes...am I like the quickest e-filer or what!? dang...
On Being Thankful
9 months ago


4 comments:
I'm with you about the kids growing up too fast, I can barely keep mine in my lap for 2 minutes anymore, and he's only 2! :(
Glad to hear you & your family aren't sick anymore, I miss reading your blog posts, but know you are one busy mama! :)
Hey! So happy to see your post. Does this mean that Ben has been able to fix the computer?! Glad the fam is feeling better!!!
no, the computer is still down, but my mother-in-law lets me use hers whenever!
Hi Allison! I am Jessica S. momma and I found your blog by accident through my BlogFrog account. I sure miss seeing your mom and dad. I keep kind of in touch with their lives through facebook. Tell them hello from me! Fun to find your blog.
Lee Ann
Post a Comment