Friday, October 02, 2009

Too deep for a Friday morning

My life is beginning to look incredibly familiar to the one my mom lead, oh, about 25 years ago...hmmm...I'm really not sure how I feel about that. Up with kids, taking to school, cleaning house, errands, running the budget, feeding everyone. I am a typical stay-at-home somebody. At times, it's a bit disconcerting. I miss the days where I did what I wanted, where I went to school for me and learned something, where I could up and go wherever I wanted. But now, it's not about me...it's not about myself...it's not about I. It's about them. And then I think, will I be able to get back to the I when it's just me again. As much as I still try and preserve my individuality with breaks and occasional work outside the home, my life still revolves around my family. And, at times, I miss myself. So, I long for who I was, love who I am, look forward to who I will be...and remember, it's all about the seasons of life. It's only for a season, and then the changing and moving of another season will force me to reevaluate who I really am and who God made me....

3 comments:

Landscape of our Life said...

Hey Girl,
Believe me, it's not as tough as you think to get back to the "I" when your kids are all in school. Before you know it, you'll be done with this season and on to the next. Those kids and Ben are lucky to have you! :-)

Theresa Mezo said...

beautifully said Allison! .. I feel the same way most of the time :)

A Davis said...

:)