Friday, January 23, 2009

After nearly six years of free extended basic cable (we pay for basic only), we have been cut off. We only received it in the first place because when we originally set up cable, the guy said he didn't have the correct filter and he would probably never come back out to change it. So, we got extra channels. We're thinking with the upcoming Dtv changeover that the cable company has been out checking lines and so-on.... And, since we're trying to cut back on bills, not add on, we're not going to pay the $24 extra it costs to get our precious channels back. But, man, I miss me some Jon & Kate Plus 8 (TLC) and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri (Food Network) and I'm sure we're going to hear some protests from a certain kid when he realizes we can't get Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Cartoon Network) anymore. *sniff*

4 comments:

Rygal said...

Allison,

You can watch Jon & Kate and Diners, etc. online. Isn't that fabulous??? There are full episodes for both of those shows on the Food Network and TLC.

Good for you on saving money on cable. :)

Love ya!

A Davis said...

yes, i know...but just not the same. :) Thanks, my frugal friend.

mommyto3kiddos said...

I'm right there with you...except we don't have cable at all! When I lost my job, we cut out cable all together to save a little. I liked Jon & Kate plus 8 too and I liked having the Disney channel for the kids.

Jess said...

We are right there with you! When we moved, we didn't get cable this time and I really miss Jon & Kate plus 8 too. (And What NOt to Where and every show on the Food Network!) Hulu.com does have most of the shows on the internet, though it isn't quite the same....but, sometimes, it's nice to be able to watch two episodes in a row if you wait a week to catch up!