Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on whom you speak to), we have to elect a new president this year. I'm starting to get a little freaked out because it looks like it's going to turn out as such:
Hilary vs. Mitt or Barack vs. Mitt, POSSIBLY
John E. vs. Mitt...
I'm starting to lose hope in Mike Huckabee making it all the way, and he's the one who aligns with my value system...I don't know...
For the first time in my life, I may vote Democrat...but only if it's John Edwards vs. Mitt. If it's the other two choices, I have no clue what I'm going to do. Not rock the vote?


8 comments:
Alan Greenspan, a life-long Republican, recently wrote in his book "The Age Of Turbulence" that those who were willing to do the things necessary to be elected President should be prohibited from holding the office. Your post indicates a great deal of innocence about politics.
When someone asks me if I am a Christian attorney, I immediately reach into my pocket to secure my money because I know that they are attempting to get it.
To imply that a vote for the Democratic (please note the correct spelling; Republicans removed part of the name many years ago as an effort to denigrate those in the other party) candidate for President is something that you have difficulty considering indicates that you have closed your mind to the issues, the validity of all the candidates, and what will be best for our country. I fear that you are considering only one part of the character of the candidates from which you will choose. Please consider every positive and negative for your vote.
"The entire history of anyone would shock everyone." I am confident that Pastor Huckabee, like all the other candidates, would very much hope that his entire life's history would not be replayed like a video for all to view. Huckabee's thinly-guised efforts to make him the "Christian" candidate make him suspect to all objective and open-minded voters. Do the research. Consider the facts. Look at history. Be an informed voter.
Your favorite uncle.
aha, he speaks! thank you, i will.
Now that I've had time to think of your comment, good uncle, here are my true thoughts: I am not political-minded. I don't really think politically and could care less how the government is run. That said, it is part of life, my life... the details of politics cannot be avoided because it truly effects our everyday living. For the first time in my voting history, I have considered not voting. I'm not TAKEN by anyone, so to speak. No one REALLY stands out. I don't like that choice, but would it REALLY matter...is my vote REALLY going to matter? Then you get into the philosophical question of my significant existence or lack thereof and the question of government and their true significance in a person's intimate life...I mean, in the span of history, God's history, does it really matter who is president from 2008-2012? Will God's true plan for human existence change or be formed by government? Maybe, maybe not. I know my thoughts are babbling and probably make half-sense. I'll probably still vote and I'll study up. :) By the way, you kind of sound like dad a little with the political stuff and I try to avoid political conversations with dad. :) I love you! Don't stop commenting!
So, why do you avoid political conversations with you great, open-minded dad? He has alot of insight over the many years, you should engage his observant views. So just come on over, and lets talk it out. Daddio
Jon wants to be included in the political debate too!
Ohmyword, dad!! It's because you're so insistant that your view is the right veiw! Come on in, Jon, you can take my place! :)
Wow, political blogs get you lots of comments! And even from the ever elusive great uncle B! How fun!
yeah, and all I was really saying is who am i gonna vote for?!
Post a Comment