Friday, January 04, 2008




I don't know what it is about this year, but the two funniest movies I have seen have been about women getting pregnant out of wedlock (which is more bittersweet than funny)...but, in both of these movies, it's more about how the couples and families deal with this amazing situation that makes it laughable. In this movie, Juno, the main character decides to give her baby up for adoption as she feels completely inept at the thought of raising a child. She is sixteen, after all, and has the sense to know that a baby will not "provide" what she needs in love. The dialogue and writing are what make this movie witty and hilarious. And, it's cast so well, you feel the characters truly are just like that. In the end, it is also a love story and very endearing. I like the pro-life message this movie promotes and even though I would rather not see teenagers getting pregnant (I think they need to add into those sex-ed classes how a girl really feels hormonally when she's ovulating, i.e. like a dog in heat), they make the right decision for the baby and, ultimately, the teenager as well. Movie Review: A

No comments: