
I found myself at the movies last night after a long weekend of parenting and family stuff. I needed a movie. So, seeing as the Jane Austen Book Club had just come out and I had read the book and liked it, I went to see this after purchasing an amazing amount of food for about $85 (Check another post on this). Back to movie...if you haven't read the book, here's a little rundown of the story: 5 woman join a book club together with the sole purpose of reading Jane Austen. They then invite a guy into the mix who is, frankly, about the most adorable guy I've ever seen on the big screen (Hugh Dancy, Englishman, an absolute doll). The movie, of course, is more about their lives and how they intertwine and how the themes from Jane Austen's writing changes how they think and feel. I loved it! I thought it was funny, romantic, interesting, forward. I actually liked it better than the book...and that barely ever happens! It also has a great role by Emily Blunt who is also an Englishwoman and was hilarious in The Devil Wears Prada. Movie Review Grade: B+


No comments:
Post a Comment