Wednesday, September 19, 2007

End of the Summer Movie Reviews
Well, I managed to stuff in a record high of movies this summer: 20!
Here's the last half of those movies--in no particular order.
Evan Almighty: Cute, and an okay message, but not true-blue Steve Carell-ish. His best work is still The Office. Review Grade: B-
Hairspray: LOVED IT! Anyone who likes musicals in any way will love this movie. Yeah, John Travolta as the mom was kinda' weird, but you get used to it. Review Grade: A
Evening: Such a great cast--Claire Danes, Meryl Streep, Toni Collette...but the story and dialogue was just not there. Review Grade: C+
Ratatouille: I now know what ratatouille actually is...and the movie was breathtaking, computer-graphics wise. Not the best Disney/Pixar movie, but I liked it. Review Grade: B+
Superbad: No comment...(I laughed my butt off). Review Grade: B+
Bourne Ultimatum: By far, the best Bourne movie ever! I loved it, and loved that Julia Stiles had a bigger part. Review Grade: A-
No Reservations: Cute romantic comedy. Review Grade: B
Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix: I believe this is the best Harry movie yet. And the book was my least favorite...but by picking out the most action-oriented and emotional scenes and keeping the movie at a good two-hour span, it seemed to stand out above the others. Review Grade: A-
Nanny Diaries: It was alright...Scarlett Johannsen can do sooo much better. Review Grade: C+
Transformers: I know some of you will think I'm crazy, but this movie was sweet! If you have any love for 80's cartoons....Review Grade: B+
Becoming Jane: If this story is true, poor Jane. I can never get into her books, but all the movies I've seen about her stories or about her, have been good. Review Grade: B
For thoughts on the best and the worst of the summer, I'll get back to you...it'll take some...reviewing.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I saw the Harry Potter movie at the drive in! It was awesome, but I always feel like I am missing something ... the books are just soooooo good!

A Davis said...

oh, yes, they shall never top the books...but they come pretty dang close.