Well, our landscaping project is finally done! We have mulch to put down and a few more rocks to line the front, but other than that...done! Man, what a lot of work! For those who don't know, when we moved in there were these old bushes covering the front with white rock all around. It was ugly, 50's-ish, and the bushes were at their tail-end anyway. So, we cut and pulled bushes, dug and moved rock. That was a job in itself. Then I dragged my mom to Horrocks, picked out perrenials, laid down rock from the farmland of some guy Bill (Ben's brother) knows, and planted...we were regular gardeners yesterday. We were sore, tired, and a little scratched up, but it felt soooo good to finally get this project done.
Another blog-worthy story: At our Memorial day cook-out, I put burgers, turkey dogs, asparagus (my mom's choice), zuchinni, and summer squash on the grill. About five minutes before we were to eat, I checked the grill and everything was looking great. So I turned off the grill and gas and shut the lid to let it all just wait. When I opened the grill, everything was burned to a crisp! The grease from the hamburgers had kept firing and burned it all. A bit of the vegetables were edible and Ben said he likes burned dogs (he has to say that), but the hamburgers were done for. We sent dad to Wendy's to get burgers.
On Being Thankful
9 months ago


3 comments:
I can sympathize with the gardening! Teh deer did a number on all our bushes in the front and they all have to come out! Not what we wanted to do this summer but oh well! What perennials did you put in? I am thinking mulch or stones plus big rocks sound real good to me! no maintenance
We are landscaping, too...and it is so much work! But I bet it looks great. You should post a picture! :) Oh, and I did the same thing on the grill a few weeks ago. I was so mad!!!
i'm not exactly sure what perrenials i put in...my mom pretty much picked them out...i think, a few are day lily's, hostas, something purple, corabelles? (mom, help me out). i'll try to post a pic soon.
Post a Comment