We drove all night long last night to be with my sister and brother-in-law and nieces for Thanksgiving. Are we crazy or what? Yes, but there was a good 5-6 hour stretch where both kids and at least one of us was sleeping soundly without a peep. So, that's way better than daytime driving when you get everything from, "Are we there yet" to "I have to go poopy" to "another movie, please". So, even though we're a little whipped today, we are here early and happy to have a relaxing day with Brennan taking a nap this afternoon (he's dropped those) and Micah taking two! Yeah! We know how to wear our kids out.
I am thankful for this year Micah has been with us and been such a blessing (his b-day is the 28th)! Last year at this time, I could literally feel my cervix dilating on Thanksgiving (okay, maybe not, but I had a few contractions). And I am thankful for my husband being such a good man and hard worker to care for our family. AND, last, but not least, I am thankful for Brennan's energy and character (even though I have my moments when I want to pummel him...love you, Bren). Our family continues to grow in so many different and interesting ways...I don't know where I'd be without them.
On Being Thankful
10 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment